Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Mechanica Thermal

tanashu

Does anybody know if there are any tutorials available on Pro/M Thermal? I have to simulate a situation where a steel belt runs on two pullies, one ofthe pullyis grooved..molten Aluminum is poured in thegap betweenthe grooved pully andsteel belt and the whole thing is coooled with water...solid aluminum comes out from the other end ...so the belt is subjected to hot Al and water on part of one pullyand rest of the time is cooled by air (normal)...non grooved pully acts as a driver..

Have you tried searching PTC's Knowledge Base?
Using the screen capture below for 2001 and no
specific search criteria, it returned 69 results many
of which were step-by-step tutorials on using
Pro/Mechanica Thermal.

View attachment 482

What are you trying to accomplish with the analysis ? Thermal gradient in the Pulley? stresses ? are you trying to see if the Pulley can be cool down to accomplish the task using the current process ? This seems to me as thermal transient analysis wheretheheat load (the molten AL) and convection coefficient (force and natural convection)change with time and location. MECHANICA may be able to give you a first order analysis results but you will have to make about heat load and convection coefficient. MECHANICA may not be the best tool to work in this problem. But again if MECHANICA is the only tool you may be able to get some first order results. You may want to try ABAQUS for this type of problem.

Luis

Appreciate your replies. I have to study crack propagain in the belt with given heat load and convective BCs. Basically fatigue analysis. The steel belt cracks just in 40 hrs. I want to know if there is other material which will withstand this thermal stress for a lonager period.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back