Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

fuctions/uses of PRO-INTRALINK

cadmansbs

dear all,iam a proe-2000i2 user.i heard about pro-intralink recently.can any one give a brief explanation of the basic functions/uses of PRO-INTRALINK.

smiley5.gif

thanks in advance.

Edited by: cadmansbs

cadmansbs,

Pro/intralink is great for managing files created by pro/engineer, especially maintaining the important relationships (parent/child) between components of an assembly by keeping the right current parts together in a working directory. Since you are a current pro/e user i'm sure you are aware of what a pain in the butt it is to safely manage the many file versions and changes that can occur (i'm mostly talking about the un-desired ones). Well simply put pro/intralink takes care of that stuff for you automatically based on a configuration that you setup. It is great for managing files between members of a group of users, especially for revision changes and file searching & organization. It gives a means to manage a review process as well, if that's what is needed. I believe PTC markets it as a workgroup management solution, which can be used as file management between mutliple facilities both using pro/engineer, like sharing design files between Boston dept and Chicago dept and maintaining current file status. Users can share their files without compromising them to unwanted changes or coruption. Pro/Intralink has helped us out greatly, but be warned, if it is not setup properly it can be a big pain in the butt. If improperly administrated, it can end up controlling you instead of managing what it was intended. Setup and objective is key to its success.

Hope this helps.

smiley32.gif
thanx G.Cook.

i got some idea about pro-intralink.

as a designer will pro-intralink help me and will it work in proe-200i2?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back