Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Photorender Room Backgound Distortion

ejd1984

I'm currently using ProE 2000isqd. I've been trying to do a few
photorenders using some existing jpegs I have. I saved/converted them
to .tx3 files before placing them on the walls of the render room.

The problem I have is that after I do the render, the background is
both zoomed in (making is blurry) and distorted vertically. Is there a
setting in render I can set so that Pro will uses the original picture
scale without all of the distortions. Or a scale/resolution for the
original jpeg.

Thanks

Ed

Try checkmarking the "Sharpen Geometric Textures" and "Sharpen Textures at Angle" settings on the Adv tab of the render setup GUI. That should clear up your backgrounds but the "zooming" problem is a well-documented bug in 2000i to 2001 that never got fixed. It is fixed in Wildfire 1.

Thanks, I've just gotten into protorendering and still on the steep learning curve. (lost of 'four letter words'..........lol)

One last question: In the Room Editor window, what do the Size values
represent? Inches, Milli/Cente-meters, pixels.................etc.

Thanks

Ya' know, I've never figured that out either. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that?I just look at it as a relative value to position my model in the room.

You know that a module is going to be frustrating when the PTC Tutorial says "DO NOT BECOME FRUSTRATED. You will need to practice and experiment with every one of the settings described until you become familiar enough with the complete Rendering process. "
smiley36.gif

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_24/howto/pho1383/pho1383.htm

Good luck!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back