Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Overview of Pro/Process for Assy

moriarty

Can anyone provide a quick overview of Pro/Process for Assyor point me in the right direction for more information.

What functionality does it add to Assy ?

Is it worth the effort ?

Pro-process allows you to create Manufacturing BOMS opposed to the Engineering BOMs. Pro-process also allows you to break parent/child relationships in order to show the correct sequence of assembly without regen errors. Check out this website for more info: www.ptc-mss.com/Tutorials

Good luck

http://www.ptc.com/carezone/tutorials/files/proprocess.pdf

smiley1.gif

Sorry about that folks...that's strange...I'm sure I hadthe linkcorrect
as it worked when I previewed this post (like I do forall my posts)
to double check the link.

Thanks ceferinos.

The last link worked for me... My company just started with pro/process for assy. I would suggest if you use it that you do not use the table for putting textual notes into the drawing. Instead use a linked word doc wildfire 2.0 will crash if to much text is placed into the table.

Cheers hacks and ceferinos they both worked in end your, effort is much appreciated! before i just used to add sketches to exploded views this will be a great help!

ProProcess here i come

p.s is this tutorialapplicable to wf2 of just wf?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back