Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM output

tomh

How do I modify the bom generated by Pro/E? I would like to add my own parameters to the file.

There's a bom_format line in your config.pro. You can add it if it's not there. See your help on how to set up up. I know you can add parameters to it, but you might also be able to add system variables. You only get 80 characters wide, though, which I find to be a serious limitation. Info>model gives you an indentured parts list, but all it gives you is filenames. I don't know of any way to modify that output, although I'd sure like to find a way to do it.

K. Sauter

This is my bomformat.fmt file:

.breakdown

%$type %$name contains:

.row %density[-6.4f]; %$type[-12s]; %$quantity[-3d]; %$name[-19s]; %bomname[-19s]; %partname[-68s]

.summary

Summary of parts for assembly %$name

.row %density[-6.4f]; %$type[-12s]; %$quantity[-3d]; %$name[-19s]; %bomname[-19s]; %partname[-68s]

Values preceded by %$ are system variables that are always there. Values preceded only by % are parameters that I added to my parts and assemblies. The numbers in brackets specify the spacing on the row where the values show up. You only get 80 characters across. I'd like at least 256, and 1000 if I could get it.

You probably already have a bomformat.fmt file in your text directory. Look at it and play with it.

K. Sauter

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back