Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Import proe part

afusen

Hi Friends,

I would like to ask how to import proe part file to pro mechanica for analysis? I tried to open it by files then import then proe part but cant read the file and nothing appear on mechanica window?if i used application then mechanica and it says that mechanica not installed. what should i do?

regards,

rey

<DIV>If it's saying Mechanica is not installed, that may be a problem... Install Mechanica and use it in Integrated mode, meaning you launch Mechanica from a Pro/E session: Applications > Mechanica</DIV>

It looks like the Pro/M Setup is wrong. During the Pro/Mechanica installation you should be asked about the Pro/E installation directory, and maybe a wrong location was specified at that time.

Hi Friends,

Can you help me the stepshow to install Pro/M in integrated mode? After my installation the Pro/M has its own window and not installed in Integrated mode.

Thanks inAdvance

Regards,

Afusen

Afusen,

If pro/mechanica is installed on your system, then open the installed directory of Pro/Engineer. Then open bin directory and then run ptcsetup.batch (you have to log in as administrator). Click next , next , next till you see the window for Pro/INTRALINK integration (Optional), at the bottom of this window you will see Locate Other Installation(Optional). Here you specify your pro/mechanica installation path e.g. C:/ptc/Pro Mechanica Wildfire 2.0

Then click next till you exit.

Now run Pro/E and click on Applications --> then Mechanica .

Now you should see the FEM mode unchecked , if its so then enjoy.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back