Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink Drawing Viewer

porterj

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
smiley5.gif
Is there a drawing viewer other then Product View or a way to use Product View to automate the viewing of drawings?
I would like to bring up process sheets drawn in Pro/E through intralink by way of a barcode scan and can not see how this can be done through I/link. If I need to write an interface that

Is it ProductView express or ProductView client (a part of windshill or Division Graphic server)

This is a very interesting idea. The problem with Ilink is that you have to do a checkout, and that take a while.
smiley11.gif

I have woundering to use Productview client together with
import-filters, to open and print drawings with ilink client. I have
not got the time to look at this, but my thoughts was to make new menu
with the macro function to open a drawing with productview, or maybe
simple change the command for view .drw files to pview.exe
smiley2.gif

smiley1.gif
I spent a month or so looking for the same thing. I went to the 2004 world conferenec in Nashville and asked all the vendors I met if they had a viewer for ProE files and most said 'Yes!'. Then I asked 'do I have to get the data out of Intralink to view it or can I view it through INTRALINK? They all said 'No access into Intralink' - UNTIL I ran into a small company with big ambitionthat has been around for a number of years.

I don't know what you mean by 'way of a barcode scan' but FroTime has the coolest application - You can get to any Intralink object by using "FroTools Export Center" which uses a web browser and the authority setup by the INTRALINK Admin to export PDF or DXF files for Drawings, or export native, VRML, STEP, IGES etc to export the parts and assemblies.

If you want more access than that you can get the FroTools ViewCenter where you can markup, measure, spin and zoom - just not create or modify any object in the commonspace. You should check them out - I think they even include installation and training in the price of the application. see frotime.com and let me know what you think.

Is anyone using AutoVue with FroTools? My situation is this we are using an installation of AutoVue and a separate installation of FroTools and are having some difficulty getting the two softwares to communicate with eachother. If anyone is successfully doing this I'd reallyappreciate any and all help.

[email protected]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back