Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ToolKit

lafleur

I have a new piece of software for mass properties that will import ProE models with an optional module. Unfortunately, when I received the module, it is source code that must be compiled with the ProE ToolKit. No one around here seems to know much of anything about the tool kit. Ian told it is on the ProE installation disk and that all that is necessary is to make sure thetoolkit box is checked when ProE is installed.My ITR (Information Technology Rep) did an installation this morning, made sure the box was checked but we could not find that toolkit had installed. Is this something that we have to purchase a seperate license for to activate it? Does it show up in a "tookit" subfolder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Lafleur,

Pro/Toolkit is a licensed PTC software (purchased seperately).

Also, if you are not running the same Pro/E aswhat it was originally created in, there is not guarantee that it will run after you compile it, unless you do some additional development.

The license that is required is Toolkit Access. You only need the $20,000 module of Toolkit to author toolkit applications and triggers. You will need a toolkit access license. It should list out when you click Help > Tech Support Info in ProE.

Thanks guys. That was the answer I was expecting but not what I was hoping for....My dept is not going to spend the additional $12-20K so I'll be manually entering the ProE mass properties information into my new program. Don't you just love IS depts and accountants?

We have the Pro/TOOLKIT license. I would be glad to talk with you about
the possibility of delivering an executable for your use.

Bob Monat

317-875-6087

Thanks for the offer, Jerand, but I must decline. Our IS dept and legal dept both had a fit when I asked.

How about if I talk to the vendor to see if they would be interested? Can you supply some contact info?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back