Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

using LWA-LightWorks materials w/ Proe

I spoke with PTC and they said you can convert the texture files into
.tx1, .tx2, or .tx3 files that are usable in pro/e (as long as the
texture file your are converting is in a .tif format). Has
anyone ever created there own textures and bump maps like this. I
would really like to use the Mold-tech textures.

cheers,

survey

Survey,

We have actually scanned in the plastic examples from the Mold-tech book to make our own texture and bump maps before. Scan them in as a high-res .tiff and then convert to .tx3 & .tx1.

Chad

when you say converting? are you simply renaming the file extension?

picture.tiff ---> picture.tx1

??

or is there a program to do something?

You can open the .tiff file in Pro/E's photo editor (part of the Photorender module) and just re-save the file as .tx1 or .tx3 format.

-Chad

There's a tutorial on their website explaining the procedure. Move the file in the plugins folder located where you installed Pro/E.

Just alter the .tif extension to .tx3. There is no need to convert or do a Save As from any specific software. You can download the material libraries from Lightworks. I have done so. Dump the libraries in your:
C or D:\ptc\wf3\graphic-library\smdata\archives folder
Pro/E will then read the LWA extensions.
You can also specify paths for the additional locations:
--- pro_library_dir (I have set as graphics library folder in Pro/E installation)
--- pro_lwa_library_path (I haven't set this - I presume it alters the location it is picking up the LWA files and the default is the smdata folder I've just told you about)
--- pro_texture_library (I have set as graphics library folder in Pro/E installation)
Send me a private message and I will send you some LWA libraries.
Phil
Edited by: pjw

pjw said:
Dump the libraries in your:
C or D:\ptc\wf3\graphic-library\smdata\archives folder
Pro/E will then read the LWA extensions.

Ah, silly me, I had put them in the textures directory with the .tx3 files. Thanks.

the cool part about wf3.0 + render package is that the materials are procedural. That means a parametric leather where you can define the depth and frequency of the rivers in the leather.

Tiff is a step back.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back