Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cavity wall thickness

AASIM

Hi Gurus,

i know this is not the proper forum for my question so sorry to those who do not have interest in this discussion.

For the calculation of the side wall thickness of the cavity following formulae is used

View attachment 143

where

P : the pressure inside the mold

E : young modulus

F : tolerable flexure

C :constant factor

Up till this it is ok and now I want to know the formulae used for the recessed cavity as shown In figure below (it is not circular but rectangular form)

View attachment 144

thanks in advance

ASIM RASHID

Hi Asim,

What can I say, I saw your question, but I guess you start the problem in wrong way. First of all if you will want to calculate so excat the mould size, starting from stress analysess is wrong. I say this because ...after your carephull calculation, you will drill some holes ar make some pockets.(which will change almost radical your predicions)

My advice ... make your mouldbase to fit your systems, and if you have enough time ... make a FEA analys for critical parts. But as far I know a mould base will be always over-dimensioned on stress way of thinking.

good luck,

by the way, try to ask a moldmaker with some experience to see howwill chose his mould bases, and ... the most important ... why

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back