Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installing ProE 2001 Student Edition

ewenger

I just installed a copy of ProE 2001 Student Edition. When I click on the icon to start ProE, I get: Cannot find file '\i486_win95\obj\xtop' <or one of its components>. The file is in another folder. I know this is a really basic question, but how do I tell Proe where to find this file when I try to start ProE? I'm starting a new contract position next week for a company that makes small plastic parts. I've been working in sheet metal for so long that I've forgotten how to model anything else. I know even less about setting up ProE and I would appreciate someone's help in getting me up and running.

Thanks in advance.

You need to add to your PATH statement the loadpoint\bin where you put pro. For example c:\progra~1\proe2001\bin (progra~1 is the dos 8.3 format for program files).

Depending on your OS you might need to set the memory as well, there should be readme on the 2001 CD for the settings.

Thank you for your reply, PeterBrown. I appreciate your help.

I think all that I needed to do was shut my computer down. After I installed the software, I did a restart. I didn't do a complete shutdown, which apparently is what I should have done. After rebooting from a cold start, the problem is gone. I've got ProE 2001Stu running.

Thank you again for your response.

Sincerely,

ewenger

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back