Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

EMX

scottc

Looking for good tutorial on EMX..........have tried the one that loads with it but the AVI's are very poor and have no volume, yes, I have it turned on......any good sites?

We recently acquired emx. The easiest thing that I've found was to go through the manual. It more or less follows the avi's and if you get stuck, you can look at the avi to find out whats going on. Our reseller has a two day class on it, but all the class did was follow the manual. (By manual, I mean the help topics that come with it, I printed them out.) I hope this helps you.

I tried it with a 30 day eval, but I didn't spend 30 days with it. I didn't care for it at all, but I have a lot of my own custom libraries including bases. I didn't like the goofy menu structure, but like most menus I'm sure you could get used to it.

I am in the same boat....Have been using my own stuff for years and now it came with the new seat we bought.

I came from using Cadkey, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have found it pretty easy to use. I haven't had the time to setup my own sliders, lifters etc.

and have found that it's been easier to use my own designs rather than attempting to use the catalogue ones. I find it hard to understand how to add motion (other than a straight open and close). I like the bom capability. In all, it seems like it will do anything that I'll need. Maybe something out there is better, but we chose pro-e as our Cadkey replacement.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back