Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanica material properties

kingjon

How can I add the materials I found on this site to mechanica. I know how to do it for the wildfire, but when I switch over to mechanica the materials I want are not there. Thanks

Normally when you use Pro/E and go SET UP>MATERIALS, you can assign the material, or creates other, if you did this so Pro/M assume this material in the part. You can see like this file are created opening whit Notepad, you can modified assuming the properties of new material.

Andre Almeida

Mr. Kingjon,

Mechanica has its own material library. Go to model then materials and then select the matrial you want. If you don't find your specific material, you can add your own.

Never assign material when working in integrated Mechanica otherwise you will be in trouble.

Israr

I did assign the material to the part in the setup menu, but the materiial did not carry over when I went into Mechanica. Why is that.

In 2001 I lost material properties of a part which is used more than once in the assembly. I solved it by copy the part for having every part only once in the assembly.

Kurt Stark

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back