Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What's wrong ?

mikes

Hello there,

I am connecting a rotating arm with the frame(base) using a pin. I use the axis of the pin and the axis of the bracket on the frame, and a plane to create this connection.

When I am done I click OK (the message Connection Definition Complete is there) In the three the arm has a little square which tells me that is not a true pin connection .

What am I doing wrong?

Of course, I get that pesky message (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library) Assertion Failed! which, as recomended, I select to Ignore it.

Any clues?

TIA,

Micahel

Michael,

May be you will not be interested in this answer but I suggest say good bye to Pro/Mechanica Motion, if you are using Wildfire and have license for MDO.

Israr

The little square next to the components in the model tree means that the component is underconstrained-- which is exactly what you want for connections.

With regular constraints, a fully constrained component has 6 DOF, 3 translational and 3 rotational, fully restrained. If you package a component, or leave it underconstrained, or use connections, you'll have less than 6 DOF eliminated. Pro indicates that with the empty box next to the component in the model tree.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back