Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ti4200 to Wildcat VP870

SteveTG

So far very good. Big speed improvement. The ti4200 burned up on me so I was forced to into a new card and wanted one supported by PTC. It was very hard to find benchmarks so one could look at bang for the buck.

I am designing Injection molds and a typical assy only 250mb.

I paid $300.00 thru Gateway. Looks like the VP880 Pro can be had for $340.00. The other consideration was a FX500-about $250.

Steve,

i'd go with fx500. stay away from vp880. that's what i have. the wildcat vp880 or vp990 are very crappy. thay are no good.

Thanks for the input. Where were you when I had to make my $ choice. I found it very difficult to find benchmarks. The only one that I could find was at Toms Hardware guide. The VP edges out the fx500, but they are close. What don't you like about your 880? Please post so others can learn.

Steve,

i have the vp880 and it gave me all kind of problems. it crashed alot when i first got it. it's better now with the latest driver but still not as stable as a quadro. the vp880 has 256 mb ram but slower than the 128 mb quadro. One of the member here got a vp990 and it gave him so much problem, he had to return it to get a pny fx 5950.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back