Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3D MAX

MIGUELMONG

I AM NEW USING 3D MAX AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT COMMANDS ARE THE EQUIVALENT TO THE ASSEMBLY CONSTRAINTS IN PRO/E SUCH AS ALIGN, MATE , INSERT, ETC.

PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE ME.

I AM USING 3D MAX 5.1 AND I AM EXPORTING THE FILES FROM PRO/E IN A STL FORMAT.

THANK YOU.

why someone who uses 3ds max wants to learn proe ?

before you start, i have to tell you that the two softwares are totally diferent and they are made for different purposes.

so you must try a lot to pass for a software like 3ds to proe

try to find some good begginer level tutorials so to be able to start with proe

good luck

karavasilis

First rule on Internet

When you use CAPS LOCK or big letters that mean that you are yelling. Why you yelling now?

Second

Max and ProE is not similar even at one thing, except maybe in fact that someone think that Max is 3D Program :)

You don

Here I go with antoher long post....

MiguelMong:

if I understand correctly then it sounds like are not familiar with 3ds max but are familiar with Pro/E.

xcad is correct that the purpose of the two software are very different and the approach that you use to accomplish task in one is not the same as the other.

As far as assembly commands go (again very different approach) for starters look up Align in the user reference, also look up

OK, I respect you opinion and it is obvious that you know what you are talking about but I can't agree with you completely (though I agree with you partially). I use Maya as well but max is what I started learning on and is what I am most comfortable with. I try to stay pretty far away from comparing any high-end 3d apps (Maya, Lightwave, 3ds max, C4D, etc...) I have seen countless numbers of flame wars in other forums arise from these conversations. You mention that you do not believe that max or Lightwave are top-end apps but I cannot agree with you on this. This was somewhat true in the past but they are every bit as powerful just a different tool sets. None of these app

everyone has there own experiences of software/useability etc

all the high end 3d apps these days are producing amazing things with the rights user/experience

i gues just stick with what you are happy with and stick with it so you know the ins and outs and can be quick to get the result you require

i dont have time to learn more and more apps all the time!

i currently use :

illustrator/photoshop

proe for modeling/surfacing

rhino/flamingo for rendering (so much easier/quicker to get the results i want than photolux/photorender - when will they get this to work/be user friendly)

lightwave for animation/webcentric use

i have used numerus other at periods - max/maya/solidworks/vellum/acad

just found i got what i want quicker using what i have stated

its all too easy to flame other software when you are an experienced user of another

we have all seen amazing stuff from solidworks/unigraphics/catia as well as proe

guess im just lucky to be able to choose and not have dictated to me what i should use

Spelling: You are right, I did misinterpret you. So I guess we are all on the same page.

So...back to the subject at hand. MiguelMong, did your question get answered? Did you have any other questions?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back