Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Backing up parts, assemblies, drawings

tomh

When I back up parts and assemblies, only the prt or asm files are backed up. How do I include the drawing files in the back up process.

Thanks Brian, but my issue is that although the assemly drw files will be backed up this way, all the part drw files will not be backed up. This is a problem with large assemblies, ie. plant assemblies

I think your only alternative is to back everything up using somekind of backup software. You will actually have to copy everything. There is nothing within Pro-E to capture all of the drawings to the parts in an assembly.

If your using UNIX, try rsync. Its free and works great. Otherwise, there is an array of Windows copy/backup software out there. I really like Second Copy. You can find it at http://www.centered.com/. If your worried about having to get another hard drive, dont be. Hard drives are cheap. A lot cheaper than lost time if your current hard drive goes down.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back