Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Giant Catia PITA

wallybanger

I made the horrible mistake of assuming that I could do something easily in Catia and have it work.
smiley7.gif

So I have a large assembly.... within this assembly I have a skeleton assembly and attached to that assembly are a number of parts and smaller assemblies. I made the mistake of trying to move this skeleton assembly (Which is in it's own directory) into another directory to assemble to a different mode.

When I got the piece of crap over there were a bunch of parts that were invisible.... not hidden, invisible. I can select them and the lines will show up but there is no visible geometry. So by chance I discovered that I could get a bunch of the parts to show up by deactivating and then reactivating them but that isn't working for one part. I've tried deactivating, reactivating, regenerating, hide/show, screwing with the sketch, screwing with the colours and line types in properties.... messing with the parent bodies/products/parts

NOTHING WORKS AND I'M GETTING PISSED OFF!

If anyone could help me out with this PITA I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back