Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Boundary Plane and Seed Surface

amoncur

I'm trying to bend a piece about a large radius defined by my die, but am having trouble figuring out what Proe wants when it asks for the boundary plane and seed surface. i've tried clicking on a fiew different things and i always get the error message Feature aborted. Invalid base plane. any suggestions?

thanks,

aaron

You say you don't know what Pro/E wants when it asks you to pick a boundary plane and seed surface... Now I am not an educated man but it sounds like it wants you to do just that, pick a boundary plane and seed surface. If you were to do what it asks I am willing to bet (again I am not educated) that the errors would in fact go away.

Peace

Your answer definitely implies that you are in fact not an educated man. But maybe say it once or twice more next time you reply, just to be safe.

Amoncur,

Are you trying to use a form to make this bend, if so when you are asked to define a boundary plane pick one of the plane s on the form being used that is also being used for a base surface ... i.e. 2 surfs mated together and for the seed surface pick an alternate surface on the form other than the boundary surface. Both surfaces should be part of the resultant bend.

HTH

Brian

Moroso,

thanks for your answer. there are still a few things i'm not clear on, though.

1) what is the difference between base plane and base surface?

2) my mating part on the die is curved, and when i try to select it as the boundary plane as you suggested it says only planes can be selected. How do i get around this?

3)You said both surfaces should be part of the resultant bend If i only have one surface to mate, how do i select an alternate surface on the form other than the boundary surface?

thanks again,

aaron

Boundry plane is a flat surface of the form that mates to the part. If you don't have one than enlarge the form to put one in. It should encompass the entire form.

The seed surface is a curved surface on the form. Curved surfaces should hade a radius greater than the part thickness.

jperkins

hi

1)consider area of the sheet and thicknees of the sheet

2)if you are trying for regular die or inverted die( it means, in some cases die is made up of femalepart or malepart ).

tanm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back