Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Looking for a basic turning postprocessor or suggestions

TonyJager

I have been writing mill posts (up to 5-axis) for some time no problem.

I want to create a turning post (basic 2-axis). I have a problem what to do with my y-axis. The questionere does say there is no y-axis (for particular Turning center only xz apply).

The cl-output does out put the goto as xyz (y always being 0).

Shouldn't the post automatically handle the goto statement?

I keep getting fatal: y-axis move required y-axis not available?

Any suggestions? What am I missing? I am using NC-post

Thank you

Dear Tony,

What does the cl-data file look like? Are the moves only x,z? Or is there y-data instead of z-axis data? If the cl-data file contains y-axis motion, you may want to rotate the program zero such that the toolpath lies in the x-z plane. Try that. If that does not work, you may need to send me a copy of the cl-data file so I can see what is going on.

Christopher

Christopher

The cl-file has x y z data (goto/1.,0.,3.). All 'y' are 0. I am not sure, I think that pro will out put cl-data no other way. my program zero is in the xz plane. I am sending you the cl-file.

Thank you for your help

Tony

One thing I noticed in the cl-data file is that you have a TRANS statement before the CSYS callout. Everything else looks like one of the turning cl-data files we have here. What you may want to try is manually taking out the TRANS statement and then run it through the post. I know that you are not using a y-axis TRANS move but the post may be forced to calculate a y-position based on the TRANS statement anyway. Also, how are you getting that TRANS statement in the cl-data file anyway?

Christopher

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back