Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Thermwood 5 axis

Heathbn

is anyone out thier using Pro-E with Thermwood 5 axis machine center.

I am looking for post processor that i can tweak to what I need and any advice you may have using with Pro-E with this machine center.

What kind of control is on that machine? If you can list the name and type (eg. OSP 5000) that will help quite a bit

Christopher

Each machine will either have the same control or a version of the control type. If you can get all three controls makes and models that would help a lot since the post processor is based on the control.

Christopher

Good Morning,

I would suggest that if you do not have any post processor experience I would recommend you outsource this post to Intercim (G-Post) or another credible post processing business. A five axis post processor is not an easy task to undertake. I have been working with Pro/NC for many years and it is always a challenge to get the right information to the post (first things first), then get the post to output the right code to the machine. If you would like to talk more about this, e-mail me and I will get back with you. Good Luck!

Christopher

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back