Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

breaking parts in exploded state

boydt

Does anyone know how to break a long part (as you would in a drawing) in an exploded assembly state?

Thanks

Either create or modify the view to Broken View. (When you create a view of an assembly, you specify five things: type, visibility, cross section or no, exploded or not, and scale or no scale. Broken View is under the visibility options, e.g., Full, Partial, Half, etc.) You can choose where you want to break the view and how you want the break displayed (e.g., S curve, heartbeat). Then you can move the broken pieces of the view around on the sheet.

Dave Martin

Torgon Industries

Thanks for you response, but it sounds like you're talking about a broken view in a drawing. I'm actually trying to make a broken view in the actual assembly exploded mode. There is a rod that's too long and i'd like to shorten it to save space.

Hmmm, okay. Can't make a broken view in assembly mode.

You might want to create a family table for the part in question, in which the length dimension is shortened, then create a family table for the assembly, in which one of the assembly family table instances uses the shortened part family table instance. That's about the easiest work-around I can think of.

Dave Martin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back