Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Setting Pro/E 2001 background color. And saving.

Hi robertd....

Just go View>display settings>system colours> and tick the boxes and stuff....

View attachment 234

The file menu on the system colours dialogue box can be used to save your favourite settings to the hard drive. After this you can point your config.pro to this file so that when you start proe it will automatically set up your preferred colour setting.

If you have trouble setting this up just reply to this post and I'll set up a detailed description of what to do with you config.pro file

Have fun.

Skuld

if you will stil have problems with read syscol.scl file form config.pro path, then move/compy that file in your starting dir., will work.

Thanks everyone. I go to View>display settings>system colours> And didge on background. Change it to BLACK. And It does'nt save. So I complete the above mentioned and. Exit Pro/E. And it did not take. Tried the config option also. And it did not take. So my guess is that the administrater may control this.

OK robertd. here is how I do it on my setup.

step 1 create the syscol.scl (see my first reply) and put it in a dirctory you would normaly start proe from. (usually the same directory as your config.pro).

go to your config.pro file and add the following lines -

system_background_color 0 0 0

system_colors_file z:\usr\ilink_workspace\syscol.scl

(NB: z:\usr\ilink_workspace\syscol.scl points to my particular startup directory, this line should be changed to reflect your particular working envinment)

save the config.pro and restart proe.

If this fails to work go back and check your path statements.

lots of luck:

Skuld....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back