Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Chat & benefits

Speling

I am one of several people who ask Jason to put again chat. Whenever I login I can find anybody there. Is this is mistake or what?

;)

some people can not afford to chat for a long time. Maybe they are too busy. Maybe they are not allowed to do this.

I think the idea of a chat is that its spontaneous not planned/ organised. Its hard for some people to be able to chat in an office with people surfing their shoulders while they work.

Mike

I agree with hazmatt. It's cool for me to go into the forum to use it as a reference, but to spend good sized chunk of my time in a chat would probably cause some friction between me and my boss. They encourage us to use the internet as a reference, that's why we are the only dept. to have full access, but with that access comes a tighter watch from IS. They keep a close watch on what we are doing and how long we are doing it.

You may want to try msn messenger or icq, that way you can always tell who's online. Id be careful though, its a huge time waster and you have to learn the lingo and use emoticons etc. ; )

Mike

I agree that the reason most people don't chat on here is because they use this site during work hours and they don't want to get caught in a chat room at work. Even if it's work related, it still gives a bad impression to anyone walking by and seeing Mr. Designer chatting away in a chat room.

We can schedule a date and time to log on and chat about a particular subject. But the demand has to be high enough. Perhaps a calendar with a chat request with a specified date and time would be helpful. I'm not sure how this feature could be used to its greatest capacity. Any suggestions?

I could always add an ICQ, AOL Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, etc. instant messaging account fields to your bio. But honestly, I don't think people would be willing to put that information out.

I must agree with the fact that there just isn't enough time to do that sort of thing. The website's intended purpose is to get and give information in regards to the Pro/Engineer community and talk bad about the CAD programs. I rarely have enought time to do that.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back