Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Where is the "modify" comand?

avongil

This is probably a really dumb question, but i am having a very difficult time modifying dimensions in part mode.

2001 it was easy. Just click modify and then query select the feature.

I am having a hell of a time trying modify feature dimensions in WF. Selecting the feature is a feat in its own, then right click wait then edit. Yes i can do it int he model tree, but this is all very slow compared to the old modify then click the feature method.

Is there somehting i am missing here? Please somone help me, I can't live like this! Getting frustrated!

Thanks.

If you hold your mouse over the feature, right click till it's highlighted, then double-left-click, the dimensions will appear on-screen.

Pretty easy.

What if you overclick? In 2001 a query select menu pops up and you can select the previous selection. Is there a way to backward click?

Just select the feature which you want, if it is not the one you want right click and go for Pick from List. This will work like query select and you can select the required feature in the window.

Then right click in the screen and edit the feature.

Hope u got it...

Venkat

I am still trying to get used to this. I find that the old method, was a much faster approch. The only slowdowns I am having in Wildfire are due to zooming and selecting.

Other than that, I love it. So much great new stuff. I just wish selecting things was faster.

Beats me why people are pre-occupied about the number of mouse clicks.

I'm the first to admit that I'm slow on the mouse but my overall modeling speed is typically about twice that of the next best modeler.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back