Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Component Mirror Bug

RobWasik

Morning Everyone,

I'm working with SW 2013 on a Windows 7 machine w/ 16 GB of RAM, an AMD FirePro W5000 Graphics card, and a 3.4GHz processor (in case any of that is relevant).

Mirror Issue.jpg

While attempting to mirror a hinge subassembly, I've gotten mixed results. The screenshot shows my assembly, where the two hinges from the right side have been mirrored across the Right Plane to form the left side hinges. While the top left has mirrored perfectly, the bottom left component is in the wrong position. Both hinges are mirrored in the same feature, and yet they appear in different places.

After wracking my brain for a half hour, I tried the classic solution - turn it off, then turn it back on. I suppressed the feature and unsuppressed it and, voila, the part appears in the correct location. While this is fine for a workaround, it is intensely frustrating, and baffling to convey to coworkers.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and is there a design guideline to abide by to avoid this in the future?

Thanks for your help!
-Rob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back