Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly save a copy

sgokben

My problem is that I have a rectangle frame assembly.There are four frame elements and four corner elements.I want to save copies changing element dims.(the corner elements does not change but frame elements will change.When I start saving a copy .But Assembly Save A Copy dialog box let me change all the components.İf I want to give new names some components and reuse some components together it does not let me save.(ok button is not activated).If some guys let me know the problem and the solution I would be greatful.
Best regards and thank in advance.

Sgokben,
You mean, you want to copy the rectangle frame assembly with four frame elements dimensions can be changed and not to change the corner elements. If so, you might use the relation for corner elements with respect to frame elements.
then while saving a copy, you can assign a new name to the rectangle frame. This might work.

I think this is a perfect job for family tables.

The other thing you can do is rename "in session". You will have to rename the parts that change and the assembly then save to disk.

Thank you cadfan and dr gallup,
I really made a bad explanation.I will try explain what I ask.I have some common parts and some variable parts.I will use these parts together in assemblies.I dont want to give different names same parts.This is my question.
Best regards.

Id have to agree with dr_gallup, this sounds like a job for family tables. You'll have move control over common elements. It will accomplish what you want without saving copies. IF you want different names to appear on drawings etc, use parameters in your table. this way everything will be in one place and easier to control when you create more frames.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back