Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How can I remove edge colors from an imported step file?

ovi_gm

Hello,

I have just imported a step file and I changed the part's color to black. The initial color was yellow and I noticed that after I changed it to black all the edges of the part remain yellow. Is there any way to also change the edges colors?

Thanks.

IMHO the yellow color of edges caused by the reason the geometry is made of surfaces and the open ones.

Yellow, color in Pro/E tell you that surface/s has/have one side edge only(not merged)

K, but is there any way that I can change this color? I changed the positive side of the planes colors in view-display settings and it still remain yellow. so i suppose that is not the case

Step Files

Hello,

I have just imported a step file and I changed the part's color to black. The initial color was yellow and I noticed that after I changed it to black all the edges of the part remain yellow. Is there any way to also change the edges colors?

Thanks.

If you import the step file to a part file then the colors change to default colors. Or you can go in and change colors to what ever you want.
Hope this helps!

Lewjon65

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back