Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/MFG flat harness issue

motif8xs

Hello everyone,

I've been tasked with writing a document detailing how to use Pro/CABLING and flatten the harness to be used in a manufacturing drawing. I've gotten all the way to the flatten and layout commands and have manually layed out the harness. The problem is when I finish flattening the last segment of the harness it shows the conductors in my cable going off at a slight angle from the rest of the cable. This is driving me nuts!!! I've tried many different ways of doing this, but can't find a solution. I must be missing something.

Someone please help.

Thanks in advance.

motif8xs

I usually use Auto fan and use modify to clean up bend radii and dia., set a named orientation view (ie top), assemble components, and fan out. I don't spend too much time trying to get each wire to fan it's entry port as it is only off a little visually. The important information is the overall dimensions, break points, and ref. des. plus wire runs with cut and strip lengths are in our tables on drawings.

Thanks Jeffrey!

Yeah, I agree with your method. I wasn't trying to get the conductors into their ports. I just wanted all of the conductors to be straight on both ends. I just don't understand why the last cable segment is at an angle, when all of the others are straight.

Thanks for your reply,

motif8xs

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back