Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Section View- how to show a shaft

SERGIOZAL

Hello there!

I am using SW2006, may be this is stupid question but becoming a life matter to me.

I want to make a section view of a rotary assembly (casing/bearings/shaft) but I want the shaft represented without cut.

When using Pro/E this is pretty simple to do, but I have tried all comands in SW and could not find how to do it.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Sergio

Hello Guru,

I want to make a drawing view. I could do it using a cut feature on the assembly and creating a new configuration, but in this way, there is no auto hatching, you have to fill the hatching manually

Hello,

Sorry for not understanding your question correctly. Can
you put some image of what you need, i can try to give
solution for that.

Hi again.

I want the section view like the one in the middle, but witout cutting the shaft, as it is in the top view. The top view was done with assembly cut feature in a new configuration and display, but then the parts are not hatch

m-1233.jpg

SERGIOZAL !

When you make a section, you can choose parts wich are NOT sectioned.
This is in SW 2007, but I think that this feature is not "new".

SW 2007 ask for eliminate parts (as screws for example). This parts will not be sectioned.

Hope you undestand my english, and hope this is a help for you.

Good luck !

Thank you Mikhail, I guess I did not notice it in the process of creating the cut, but I also found now the way to change settings after it is done, this is nor really intuitive, you have to enter vie " properties" after have selected one hatch element, not the view itself ! Very strange.

I appreciate your help!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back