Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

server freezes

Brodgers

We have just converted over to SW2009. I have a new server which the IT dept. just bought with the latest and greatest... We are using PDM for workgroups. I have the vault installed and set-up. We have less than 20 files in the vault. Most of my files right now are located outside the vault in subfolders for nonRev control items.

I have been having an issue when saving/modifiying models over the network, solidworks 2009 sp2 will freeze. I go to windows exploer and try to open my links and this freezes as well.

I have updated my vedio driver, and have put in for tech help with my VAR/Solidworks. anyone have any ideas?

are you having an issue with the vault items or the non-vault items?
did IT change anything in the layout structure of your network when installing your new server?
are you running 10/100/1000 network cards? are they set to auto detect?
what is the new server network card set at?

enjoy
smiley1.gif

Are the files 2008 files being modified for 2009 or were they started on 2009 file version conversion may be impacting the save times..

About the new server, is it a Windows or a Blade server? SolidWorks only supports windows servers not linux or other types. You will always have issues saving files remotely to a server. Virus Scan and other protection programs will view any file saves by solidworks especially over network with a lot of interest.

IT for stupid windows BS and IT for CAD often have different knowledge required. Any idiot can install MS Word but even some IT Geniuses have trouble with SolidWorks. Make sure your IT group understands the specs for machines and servers needed to ensure SolidWorks runs as smooth as you' need it to.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Thank-you for replying:

My issues are with non-vault items

IT hasn't changed anything. same type of structure that we ran Pro-E on and the rest of the company.

We are using 1000 network card with auto and the new server card is set at 1000

and the server is a windows server.

We only have one IT person and he understands the specs.

if you download your own models for cs that might be the problem

try deleting them and see if the problem persists, if so try running a defrager

as for your keyboard...if its wireless try moving the receiver closer to the keyboard/mouse

if not, go to the manufactures website and dl any patches or fixes or updates they have for said mouse

hope this helps

====================
Peppa Pig | Glucosamine Tablets

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back