Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

modeling a belt

ogdmfg

here is the problem I have a mechanism that moves away from it starting point and the distance grows by 2 inches I have designed into the system a belt follower I was trying to get solidworks to adjust as the length grew

In an assembly, insert the beklt follower, and a new empty part (named "belt") at the default location. Right click on the belt part and select "edit part". You can now create the belt geometry from within the assembly, this will allow the belt geometry to update as the belt follower moves. This is called "top-down" design, and is one of the most powerful aspects of CAD programs nowadays.

Does this procedure make sense?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction- I really should have thought about it a little more- call it a brain fart I am not a rookie about this just overlooked -dang i feel really stupid-head slapping sound-

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back