Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SimulationXpress Analysis

Jamie White

I am trying to use the SimulationXpress Analysis part of SolidWorks to see what kind of deformation I would get on a polyethylene tank filled with water. I am stuck on what kind of load to use for water, either force or pressure. I am pretty sure it is force because there will be no added pressure to the tank. Think of a bucket filled with water. Now under force, I have a choice of "N" or "LB". Which one do I use and what value do I use? Or am I going about this totally the wrong way.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Jamie

Technically, it's a nonunifomload perpendicular to the surface of the tank.

You can use either N or LB (newtons or pounds). But, what you would put in this box will not be correct as the force at the bottom of the tank will be more than the force at the top (due to gravity). I think there is a way to input a formula rather than a single value (I know you can do this in motion).That's what you will need to do as the force willnot be uniform.

But - I would be surprosed if you can do this in the Xpress version.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back