Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

FEA on ABS material

cadharts

Hello, just had a design where the material to be used is ABS plastic and I wanted it to test it's strength and optimize the design. with this material there is no Yield strength because of it's property and that is one consideration for von mises stress. How can i make it stronger and test it's weak areas and create support? Do i use the stress where the part breaks??

hi,

what it did was to create a new material, copied its physical properties, and added its yield strengh which i found in the internet (its 65 N/mm^2).

good luck,

joel

Hello, thanks for the reply. I was planning also in creating a customized material. But how come there is no value for the default SW material? Also, the tensile strength of ABS is about (48 N/mm^2) which is lower than the yield strength, unlike steel material which is the opposite. Maybe you had triedand had your thoughts on this. Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back