Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cant unfold after cut

Holopro

Its a simple sheet metal part I started with a profile that has a couple of small anglesand used the base flange tool to extrude out. turned the part 90 degand sketched a shape cut it out of the panel and now it says "this part contains features that can not be unbent" I dont know why. I dont see a reason? I should be able to do this right.
Edited by: Holopro

If I understand you correctly, you created an bend feature, and created a cut normal to the surface of the sheet metal part.

A bend feature has a reference surface that is not bent (already flat). Is the cut passing through this reference surface? If so, try moving it to another location where it does not pass through the ref. surface and see if the sheet metal part can be unbent.

If this does not work, post a picture of the problem.

Chris

Also try to play withEXTRUDE-CUT option "Normal cut". Check (or uncheck) this option.Some times you can not unbend if this option is "wrong" setted. I have no idea what or why is "wrong" or "good" but this tip work.

Good luck !

Itried to change the reference surface it did not help. I have done this before with no problem. I tried a couple of times in case it

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back