Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mesh anomaly

couthe

Hello,

Currently I'm running a COSMOS FEA on a structural assembly. The problem comes in the following way:

I have a series of parts that are all attached via mates. None of which intersect but are 'physically' touching in the model. When I mesh it all works fine. When I attach my next piece to the others it is done in a similar way through mates. It, like the others, makes contact on faces but does not penetrate. When I mesh it does not appear in the mesh. I have tried creating Contact Sets of all faces that are supposed to be bonded (aka welded) by selecting the 'bonded' option and still the part disappears after the model is meshed. It has a material property just like the rest of the parts. Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.
Edited by: couthe

Try to change the mesh parameters.Right click on mesh icon-apply mesh control and then try to reduce the element size for your selected surfaces...After this mesh again with fine mesh...Hope it helps...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back