Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Convert to sheet metal

Paul4865

I have a part that was derived from an assembly, it is based on several planes created within the assembly, it is a blocking ring that closes a gap between a hemispere and a dished end, it has 2 extrudes up to surface which are derived from cuts on part within the assembly and 2 lofts which connect the 2 extrude which are on different planes, after all that to the question I am trying to convert it to a sheet metal part soI can get a flat pattern for laser cutting the part prior to forming, there are no trait edges to use as the base for the convert feature I have tried to introduce a flat, with no success, I have also introduced a cut and that did not work either can anyone point me in the right direction or will I have to generate the part a different way all ideas welcome.

Many thanks

Hy Paul !

I don't undersatnd the description of your part but, if you need to flat your part, try to design it as sheet metal part.

Note that, if you wish to convert a solid into a sheet metal part you need to have the same thickness for all the walls. Maybe that is wrong in your part.

Good luck !

A federal jury Thursday found a 32-year-old Minnesota woman guilty of illegally downloading music from the Internet and fined her $80,000 each -- a total of $1.9 million -- for 24 songs.

Jammie Thomas-Rasset's case was the first such copyright infringement case to go to trial in the United States, her attorney said. world of warcraft gold

Attorney Joe Sibley said that his client was shocked at the fine, noting that the price tag on the songs she downloaded was 99 cents.

Health Top Tips Nutrition Love Lifestyle Happiness Weight Loss
buy wow gold
She plans to appeal, he said.

Cara Duckworth, a spokeswoman for the Recording Industry Association of America, said the association was "pleased that the jury agreed with the evidence and found the defendant liable."

"We appreciate the jury's service and that they take this as seriously as we do," she said.
cheap wow gold
Thomas-Rasset downloaded work by artists such as No Doubt, Linkin Park, Gloria Estefan and Sheryl Crow.

This was the second trial for Thomas-Rasset. The judge ordered a retrial in 2007 after there was an error in the wording of jury instructions.
world of warcraft gold
The fines jumped considerably from the first trial, which granted just $220,000 to the recording companies.

Thomas-Rasset is married with four children and works for an Indian tribe in Minnesota.

You can post your Part and maybe oine of us can figure a solution, but it needs to have a constant thickness value throughoutRadius on one side must be + or - the Thickness value.

You can possibly create a part using lofted blend feature from the existing part ansd export that along with current part into a new part model to try convert to sheetmetal on.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back