Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SW 2001 Sketch Disappears

mattsch1981

Hey everyone. I have a copy of SW 2001 that I am using to teach a coworker the basics. The problem is that after you make a sketch, it seems to disappear. You can put the mouse over the sketch (if you can find it) and it highlights the lines circles etc... but it isn't totally visable until you exit the sketch. The computer he is using is a Dell laptop that's only a few months old, so I don't think itsthe problem. Any thought on how to fix this?

View Hide all types may be on or view sketches may be off. Check to see if it's a graphics issue first by closing the active windows and choosing use software open_gl in system options performance. you can also try changing the background color.

Michael

We have had this problem with many releases of SW. Sometimes toggling Show/Hide Sketches on and off fixes it but sometimes you have to exit the sketch and then re-enter it. We've found nothing that permanently fixes it, and it comes and goes with different releases and SPs. You might just have to grit your teeth and bear it, sadly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back