Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mating a pin to a curved slot

spaceshuttle

Hello there.

I am trying to create a mating relationship between a curved slot and a cylindrical pin.

The slot was created by drawing two separate lines and joining them with a tangent arc and then cut extruded off a face.

Because of the two lines and arc, it means the slot face is divided into three faces tangentially joined together.

I was trying to create a mating relationship between this face and the cylindrical pin by selecting the face of the pin and the face of the slot and creating a tangential constraint.

The problem I am having is that I cannot select the whole slot face at the same time. As the slot face is divided into three, I can only select one face at a time which means the tangential constraint does not apply to the whole slot face.

Has anyone experienced this problem before or does any one have any ideas?

Your response will be most appreciated.

Use REFERENCE GEOMETRY. Create reference geometry like AXIS, PLANES, POINTS (or designthe slot and thepin around SW origin if is possible) then mate the reference geometryitems to position the pin.

By the way: is not necesary to select all the faces at a time. Make a mate, then other and so on. Be carefully: do not make more mates then are necesary.

Hope I help you.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back