Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Student 2007 shuts down

kdiver58

I've loaded the student eversion of Solidworks 2007 onto 2 computers. One running Xp pro 64 and the other running Xp pro.

Both systems will run MasterCam 9 and MasterCam X2, Both have 2 gigs of ram, both have so-so video cards made by Nvidia.

On both systems Solidworks runs for a few minutes then either just disapears or a window pops up and says "SldWorks has encountered a problem and must shut down do you want to send an error report" bang Fred is dead.
smiley18.gif

any ideas ?? thanks .. K

Well it wasn't the video card ..
I reinstalled windows XP 64
I reinstalled Solidworks 2007 Student
I installed a Nvidia Quadro certified video card and it's still doing the same thing. Runs for 10 +/- minutes then give me the the above SldWorks must shut down error.
I have that I've spent over $400 on Video cards and software and it still won't work ..
Guess I'll try buying 2008 ... but I'll have to wait for it and I'm already behind on my projects.

SolidworksERROR.JPG

I'm having the same problem...I have a Dell workstation that's only a year old and Solidworks 2007 Student edition shuts down all the time. I've unloaded and reloaded the program with no improvement at all. I've tried to get help from Solidworks, but don't know where to find the info...Student Edition serial number and PC ID...

I've only had the program for less than a year, so I still have another year left on the lease. If I only run Solidworks, it'll run for a few minutes before shutting down, but if I run anything else (Photoshop, Outlook etc.) it won't even start!!!

PS. If this takes a registry fix, then I'm out of luck.

Ralph

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back