Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

strange solidworks motion results

kevinlamers

It's just a short question:
When I do a static analysis of a foam wing with a carbon spar. The results on the spar look like the have been slit up in little squares, about 40 on the full length of the spar.
The results look odd to me.
I've attached an image. The colored part is the spar. The blue part is the foam which has of course a way smaller modulus. What is very weird is the fact that there is almost no stress near the fixture.
The spar is bounded to the foam and I used both type of solvers.

Kind regards,

Kevin
wingjd8.jpg

Edited by: kevinlamers

from what I have seen in the university lecures the retaining system used by the analysis programs is a built in style beam. this will mean that bending or stress is not strongest at the base. I could be wrong but I dont think that is unusual.

If you just have some simple beam, the bendingmoment, and so the stress is maximum at the root. So it's still very weird.

Kevin

I know when I've used FEAmap/NEiNastran for FEA you can dictate the element size and type and from what I see above it appears it is just showing a 'brick' or 'plate' element it chose for the analysis.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back