Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Use part files multiple times

Holopro

How can I use a part file multiple times in completely different assm's with out having to save a new copy every time. So I don't get the refrence errors.Like screws for instance.I don

When you INSERT COMPONENT in the assembly brows for thefile and... insert the part. SW automaticaly set the references.

But... is on your owen risk. If you modify thispart in one assembly ALL theassembly has been modified. Better is to use lybraries.

Good luck !

If you want you could set up different configurations of your screws so if the situatiopn that Mihail has suggested arises, you can create a different configuration and use it instead.

for hardware, such as fasteners, there are ways to create patterns of parts. You can do circular patterns, linear, and sketch driven.

LMAOMAO,

I liked reading what you said about education. 18 months ago my wife pulled our 2 children out of full-time education to be home schooled. There are a lot of reasons which I could spend hours going over but wont. The kids are 9 and 11 years old.

To be honest at the start I was very anxious about the whole thing as like you I did enjoy school, I got a bit confused between 16 and 18 as to what I wanted to do with my life but when I went to uni things picked up again as I had a clear direction. 18 months on though and I know it was the right decision. They are not forced to stick to strict timetables but learn continually through the day and sit down with books, etc when they are ready for it which means that they actually want to do the work and manage to get through the work so much better and faster than if we forced them to.

Education does I agree kill creativity to some degree and being wrong is frowned upon. I'm glad my kids wont be brought up that way.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back