Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part colors keep changing back to old

Just to let you know, this is not a fix, but small clarification. In 2009 any time you open a drawing first, it automatically opens the part/asm in lightweight (reguardless of all your settings telling it otherwise). That is why when you open the drawing file first it is giving you the same undesireable result you get when you open the assembly in lightweight.

I have the same problem in SW 2009 with a part file that has two bodies. If the assembly is opened, the part reverts back to one color as one solid body is set to a different color.

I noticed if I open that specific part first (with two solid bodies), then open the assembly, everything is as it should be. That part has two diffent colors. As Sophini mentioned, it is probably caused by the parts coming in as lightweight when the assembly is opened.

As this is a work around, I would be interested in knowing if a setting can be changed to opened specific parts as resolved instead of lightweight when opening an assembly.

Edited by: c_thompson_68

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back