Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mate resolve issues

ptillett

I have a large assembly that used to be absolutely fine. Now, the extreme majority of the mates have a yellow triangluar sign and 'What's Wrong' say that THIS MATE CAN NOT BE SOLVED.

I am not getting anywhere fast. This is causing a lot of problems. I have deleted and re-mated a few and they turn around and do the same thing.

Any ideas, guys/gals? This is really (beep) me off. LOL

Thanks for any help!

Can be more explication for your troubles:

1)The sketch for a part is defined "in context" anda mate try to "damage" this sketch. SW can't satisfied both (the sketch and the mate) in the same time;

2) You have two mates for the same part but, if one mate is satisfied the other one can not be satisfied;

That is what I know. Mabe there are more other resons.

Good luck !

Thanks for the offer. Considering the post was almost 3 months ago, I worked around the problem.

I just find it strange that nothing had changed and the mates went to heck. I have found that ONE mate will mess the whole show up. It's wierd, then again, maybe it's me. :) I deleted the first components mates, froze it in space, and the assy was happy. Go figure.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back