Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

modeling a surfboard fin

vandal16

I have been trying to model a surfboard fin for a couple days now and have not been able to get it to work. Any recommendations for modeling this kind of shape? I have been trying to use a swept blend feature but I can't seem to get my sections to line up. I have gotten close using the parallel blend feature in ProE but unfortunately I don't have ProE at home, only Solidworks. Any advice?

Thanks,

You need to pick close to the same location in each section for a Loft feature which is the SolidWorks equiva;lent of the blend feature in proe.

If you want to have one section be swept along guide curves like a VSS Variable Section Sweep in ProE you need to create your guide curves first and add pierce point relations to pierce vertices in your x-section curve or profile for a SolidWorks Sweep. A piercerrel;ation can be made between any curve that passes through the sketch plane and a point or vertex in the sketch. Your Path curve needs to be a straight line or a tangent chane of lines and arcs or a spline curve.

Send me your model in SolidWorks or Pro/E v2009 and WF4 respectively and I'll see if I can give more detailed suggestions PM if you need my email.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back