Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Automatic start each night at 11pm

hobsonp

Solidworks 2008 (Student version) starts up every night at 11pm and begins a dissection of a part...I've looked through the options and have found nothing regarding this problem. If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate your input.

If it starts automaticly at 11pm, then there should be something in ya agenda, or there must be a little program running on the background.

Goto Ctrl_Alt_Del and check the processes running, maybe there is something running

I think is a scheduled task defined in windows settings.

Open Scheduled Tasks: For that,click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks.

If you find there a scheduled task wich open SW, or open anything else wich required SW, remove it.

For more information read WINDOWS HELP: click Start, click Help and Support, and search for Scheduled Tasks.

Good luck !</NOLOC>

Thank you, TosSa and Mihail, very much for input. However, it is not a scheduled task, and there are no processes running in the background. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Check into your startup menu, solidworks, solidworks tools, there is a solidworks task scheduler. In there you will be able to disable the dissection of files.

It is a solidworks process, and you can find more about it in Solidwork's help.

P.S. I may have the name translation wrong since I have it in french, the meaning should be the same and you shold be able to find the proper names easily.

There is a checkbox for this in System Options > Search Dissection area
[] Schedule dissection daily etc.

Dissection works with SolidWorks explorer and you can search by feature name and see a preview of specific features and even drag drop them into existing models.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back