Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how can i made some marks into a metal

daga1

Hello,

i want to make some marks into the metal surface of a piece. i'm trying to change the lawyers into diferents operations in the same piece but i can't.

I want to create a dxf file with differents lawyers referenced to an slprt.

It's possible to do that?

Thanks in advance

Sonia

I think what you want is called configurations in SolidWorks. Try looking that up in the help file.

Smoky Rick

Maybe i have not explaned very well.

I want to asign layers in a drawing.Then save it as dxf file and send to a laser cutting machine.

Can I assign differents operations like (extrude, cut extrude..) to differents layers. Is it possible?

Thanks

smoky is correct, Sonia, you are not in Acad any more... Think of configs as you would of layers in Acad. different items on different layers or differnt configs. on/off. fairly simple after you do it.

Good luck...
smiley32.gif

ok, you're correct but we want to automatize the process of create a dxfwith 1 sheet of drawing.

With differents configurations the dxf have many profiles and i want to export to dxf only one.

I really dont see the problem.

We have automised to save drawings into dxf files. We can do it with 1 sheet or 100, and we even can choose which sheet we want to be converted. So it can be 1 sheet in a drawing containing 6 sheets.

If you have different sheet metals, you can drop them into 1 drawing, 1 sheet or whatever.

It may be my stupidness, but please explain youre problem a little bit more and then i see the problem.
smiley2.gif

iwant to asign differents layers in a drawing.Then save it as dxf file and send to a laser cutting machine. I want to make some marks in the surface

Can I assign differents operations like (extrude, cut extrude..) to differents layers?. Is it possible?

I understand now that you have a machine that uses dxf files for cam operations. We have a machine like that also. I always need to edit the dxf myself in autocad or something similar in order to put out what the machine needs. This takes several steps, including making the part in SW, drawing, saving to dwg, opening in ACAD, putting what i want on each layer, then outputting dxf from there.

Sorry I don't have better news or some help for you, but this is the way we need to do it here.

Smoky Rick

yes, this is my problem. I want to automatize this in sw without Acad.

Now i use the same method like you, create dxf and edit with acad.Maybe ther's no way to do it in sw at the moment

We create dxf for 3 years already automaticly.

They never have problems and never have to be changed in AutoCAD.

We wrote a vba script for it. Works perfect.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back