Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I need to print the minimum radius

bilyp

I need to print the minimum radius of a spline. I ran a macro so as the minimum radius of a spline to be shown but i want to print that value also. Has anybody any idea? Thanks!!

Edited by: bilyp

Try that:

Make a note. Instead type any text in your note, click the value recived from the macros. This value will be added in your note (I hope ). Tis value (In your note) is (must be)updatable. If not... Type the value in the note everytime you change the radius (after run your macro, of course).

Good luck !

Thank you very much for your suggestion but I haven't work with "notes" and I don't know many about them, can you help me?I'll search for help and i'll come buck! Thank you!!!

Go to INSERT menu -> Annotations - > Note... or click the icon NOTE from Annotation toolbar (the icon is an A).

SW give you a rectangle. Click anywhere in the drawing to place this rectangle. After you place the rectangle SW open a text box (where you can type anything) and a FORMATTING toolbar from where you can formatt your text. After you enter the text, click anywhere OUT of the text box. Now, if you need other text box, for other note, click again in the drawing area and repeat the steps to enter the text. To end, press ENTER after you exit from note and BEFORE click again in the drawing area.

To place a dimension in your note:

Open a note (using the metod I explain before). Now, click a dimension from the drawing. This dimension will be added to your note. The dimension added in this way is updatable (if the dimension in the drawing will change, the value in your note will change too).

You can place some text in your note then use this tehnique to obtain something like this: THE LENGTH OF THE RECTANGLE IS 32.45 MM AND THE WITH IS 17 MM. The text is typed and the values 32.45 and 17are picked from the drawing.

Hope you understand my english
smiley19.gif

Good luck !

By the way:

Is heare any way to perform calcules using"my" (or other)tehnique ?

I like (for exemple)to obtain the area of the rectangle in the note.

Thank you !

I export all dimensions in an Excel file and make calculations there...I don't know if making calculations is possible in SW...But, as I mention you I haven't work with notes...Try to make a macro (with macro recorder) so as to make the calculation in a note. That probably is possible...

Basically that is what I want to do with the minimum radius of a spline (to save it into the Excel file), and I'm not sure if it is possible through note technique...Have you any idea?

Nor my English is very good, I hope you understand what I'm writing. I understand what you are writing!!
smiley17.gif
-Thanks!!!

No...I don't think that what I want to do is possible through notes...

I'll make new post to be more clear.

Thanks anyway..!!!

If you solve your problem is OK.

My question remain for the GURU of SW.

I work with metal sheets and I need to knowevery time how large is the sheet I working. So...is not OK to make a macro for every drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back