Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

COSMOSMotion confusing results

Tarquin

Hello Everyone

I have recently switched from ProE to Solidworks. I am quite familiar with Solidworks from previous employment but not with COSMOSMotion.

I set up a trial assmebly to check how COSMOSMotion worked compared to ProE Mechanism. It consists of 2 bars with hole centers of 1000mm and ahydrauliccylinder representation to make it move of 600mm closed length. On the moving arm there is a 100N force (vertical down). The analysis finishes when the moving arm is horizontal to make checking easier

I have a results graphthat displays the force at the base of the cylinder.

The problem is that the predicted force is correct at the start but is approx 10% low by the end of the analysis.

Now the really weird thing is if I start the analysis from the point that it finishes i.e. with the arm horizontal, then the starting value is correct.

Initially I had a number of redundancies so I re-mated it so there were none and the problem remians.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tarquin

p.s. I will try to post a couple of pics of the assembly and graphs.

Ok the site doesn't let me upload the pictures so you will have to use your imagination.

T
Edited by: Tarquin

Personally me change assembly by the way to help non-intelligent software an exactly understand contact areas.
This helps :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back