Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PRO/E 2001 INSTALLATION IN WIN 2K PROFESSIONAL.

rajads

I AM NOT GETTING INSTALLATION SCREEN WHILE TRYING TO LOAD PRO/E 2001 IN WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL OS. WHERE AS I AM ABLE TO SEE INSTALLATION SCREEN IN WINDOWS XP. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM.

KINDLY SOME ONE SUGGEST HOW TO LOAD IN WIN 2K PROFESSIONAL OS.

THANKS

I had the same problem, what i did, i installed in other computer with windows nt, then i copied the uncompresed ptc folder into a CD, later i copied directly to the rigth computer,.

after this, after this, run the comand proe/bin/ptcsetup ,

this will guide you on installation.

I am trying to install the student version of ProE 2000i2 on a Windows 2000 computer (running under FAT32). It appears to install correctly, but nothing happens when the icon is clicked.

My friend is running the same program, on almost the same computer, under FAT32, with no problems. I am stumped at this moment.

You wrote: verify Network card (u must have some reply at cheching with cpu_id,

When you say this, do you mean to check and see if my computer is running the latest version driver for the Lan Card? And how do I check for a reply at Cpu_id? Is this something that is done at the time of installation?

You wrote: verify Video Card (type & proper driver ... must have OpenGL)

I have a NVidia TNT 64 running the latest drivers for Win2000/Nt. How can I verify if OpenGL is enabled. or if this card even has that capability?

Thank You,

DominicG

I had the same problem with Pro/E 2001 in Win2K. But it turned out that I was running an antivirus and a Firewall and once I manually turned them off, the installation could proceed normally. Not sure if it would work in your case...just try it out.

Hi!!

I was too trying to install proe-2001 in WIN NT Professional, but with no success. It installed correctly, but but on clicking the proe icon, it just gave an error message of not able to find a set_var.bat file.

Somebody told me that it has compatibality problems with WIN NT professional.

So try loading it on Win 98, 2000, or NT 4.1, but not WIN NT Professional

Hi First time posting here. I am an admin type and not a designer or mech engineer so most of my comments will be on the software application and not how to use the tool. Can't draw a straight line that doesn't look like a proof of Einstein's theory of bending light.

For DominicG; to check out OpenGL on the video card Right Click on Desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced. There should be a tab titled with your display adapter. Click on it, it may say Nvidia or maybe not. This will bring up the properties of your card. If OpenGL is available it will be displayed in this area. It would be associative with Direct3D settings. If you don't see this then you may not have OpenGL capabilities.

To check for whether it (OpenGL) is active in ProE, go to your ProE load-point. ie C:\proe2001\text. Within the text folder locate your Config.pro folder, open it with a text editor use Wordpad, not NOtepad. In this file search for 'Graphics', the first instance of this should be the Header for your current graphics adapter.. If it is OpenGL and you have the capability on your card great. If you don't have this capability change it to read Direct3D, or nothing so that you can open up Proe to look at the same information under the Utilies/Options tab of ProE.

Good Luck

hi miked,

just a preference i guess. i have found the formating in wordpad to be much easier to read, particularly when trying to read license setups, configs, etc.

i use it so much that i have put it in my 'send to' function

not a major thing maybe a tip.

dan

His initial question was regarding PTC.Setup not initializing on his copy of Win 2K.

I have seen this most commonly occur due to conflicts with services running in the background. I have found it very very common on Sony Viao computers. I would recommend first disabling everything running in your system tray and then looking at your services (Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services) for unnecessary programs running such as firewall, anitvirus, OEM programs that are installed by Dell, Compaq, Sony, HP, etc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back